Jameela lives in Georgia with her parents and three sisters. Her goal in life is to become an award winning journalist and she is an eager member of her school's newspaper team. When Jameela's father accepts a six month job offer overseas, the close knit family is upset. Unfortunately, things prove to get worse when Jameela's younger sister gets sick. This is a wonderful story of friendship and family. I highly recommend this book to fans of realistic fiction. Hena Khan is also the author of Amina's Voice.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment