Ever since pre-school, Krista has been best friends with Jason. They've spent all their free time together and especially enjoy eating together. In the fifth grade, things start to change when Krista is invited to a popular girl's party. Krista suddenly becomes part of the popular girls' group and Jason is left on his own. The students are assigned a heritage project, that finds Krista learning more about the importance of traditional Korean food to her family, making connections with her grandma and looking carefully at her friendships. This is an enjoyable story about friendship and family. I highly recommend this book.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment