This Red Maple 2021 nominee, tells the story of teenager Derek's experience with social media. Derek lives in a small town, has 3 sisters and his best friend is Steve. Derek considers himself to be pretty much invisible until an accidental photo bomb posted on social media unleashes a stream of popularity. Eager to keep up the popularity, Steve tries to find other photo opportunities for Derek. Social media and popularity are unpredictable things and Derek finds himself in a range of positive and challenging experiences. This is an enjoyable read about friendship and helps the reader to better understand the challenges social media can create.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment