Genre: Fantasy/Mythology
Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8
Loki's Wolves is the first book in The Blackwell Pages series and was a Red Maple award nominee in 2014. The story is set in Blackwell, South Dakota where most of the townspeople are descendants of Thor or Loki. Thirteen-year-old Matt Thorsen suddenly finds himself thrust into the role of Thor's representative at Ragnorok and must find and convince other descendants to join him in the battle to save the world. If you are a fan of the Percy Jackson series, you may enjoy this series that is based on Viking mythology. I must admit, I struggled to finish it. It is an exciting story, this just isn't a genre that I'm usually drawn to read.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment