Genre: A mix of science fiction, dystopia and mystery
Age Recommendation: Grade 7-8
Marivic lives in Darby, a town that is famous for a discovery that saved humankind. But because of that discovery, every adolescent must go through the winnowing process. The winnowing is dangerous and shrouded in secrecy. When Marivic goes to Barton for her winnowing, she becomes involved in a fight to stop the winnowing and uncover the mystery behind the procedure. If you like books set in dystopian worlds, you will enjoy uncovering the secrets surrounding the winnowing. I found the ideas interesting, but the book was a little slow moving for me.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment