Genre: Historical Fiction
Age Recommendation: Grade 7-8
Krystia is a young Ukrainian girl who has lived through a lot. War is being waged all around her town, but when the Germans drive the Soviets out there is a brief moment of hope. Unfortunately, this doesn't last long as they all learn that the Germans have plans to take over the town and get rid of all of the Jewish people. Krystia and her mother bravely help their Jewish friends. Will their help be enough? Read this Red Maple 2019 nominee to find out. This book was inspired by the life of Krystia Sikorska.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment