Genre: Realistic Fiction
Age Recommendation: Grade 4+
This is the story of Brian's sixth grade year. Brian finds school difficult and spends a lot of time joking around with his friends. But, sixth grade is different. There is a new sixth grade teacher, Mr. Bigham, and Mr. Bigham realizes that Brian isn't lazy, he has a learning difficulty. We follow Brian as he learns strategies to cope with dyslexia and the challenges he has with his family and friends. This is a realistic and entertaining story that will have you cheering for Brian.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment