Genre: Realistic Fiction
Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8
Stanley Yelnats is cursed. The family curse all began with his great-great grandfather. Stanley has just been sent to Camp Green Lake, a boys' detention centre, for a theft he did not commit. There is no lake at the detention centre and everyday he must dig a 5 foot wide and 5 foot deep hole in the dry heat of Texas. Does digging holes develop character in the boys or is the warden looking for something? This is a humorous story of friendship.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment