This is the third book in The Nguyen Kids series and is a Silver Birch Express 2024 nominee. The main character is the youngest Nguyen sibling, Jacob. Jacob likes to play hockey and is excited about trying things that make him feel happy, like dancing in the Lunar New Year performance. When Jacob feels confused and frustrated about the way people react to some of the things he wants to try, he notices that the special painted fan is grandma gave him is doing mysterious things. Will the painted fan be able to help Jacob figure out what's right for him? Read the book to find out!
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment