Stealing Home is a Silver Birch 2023 nominee. This graphic novel tells the story of Sandy, a young Japanese Canadian, who lives in Vancouver with his family. When the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, Sandy's life suddenly changes for the worse. Sandy spends time living in a remote camp with his family. In this unthinkable situation, Sandy and the others find ways to show caring and find moments of joy. This book includes an afterword that provides historical information. This book is a great way to learn more about Canada's history. I highly recommend this book.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment