Genre: Fiction
Age Recommendation: Grade 3-6
The Hollow Under The Tree is set in 1925. A train carrying circus animals loses the car holding a lion. The lion ends up in High Park in Toronto where he hides in a hollow under a tree. Sadie happens to find the lion and a friendship begins. Will the lion make its way back to the circus or to Africa, as Sadie hopes? And most importantly, is this based on a true story? Cary Fagan hits at this in the last chapter. An enjoyable quick read for Silver Birch Express 2019.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment