Genre: Realistic Fiction
Age Recommendation: Grade 4+
Amina has just started middle school and her best friend, Soojin, is hanging out with Emily, one of the "cool" girls in class. Amina has a lot of challenging feelings about this and to top it off, her uncle is visiting from Pakistan. Amina loves to sing and play the piano, but her uncle doesn't believe these are acceptable things to do. How will Amina get over these troubles? If you enjoy reading stories about friendship and overcoming your fears, you should read this book.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment