Set in World War 2, "Milkweed", provides a window into life in Nazi controlled Warsaw. The story is told from the perspective of a young orphan boy who knows very little about himself, including his own name. As he struggles to survive, he begins to develop an understanding of who he is and what is happening in his world. Through his eyes, we learn about the horrors faced by Jewish people living in Nazi controlled Warsaw.
I am a book loving elementary school teacher librarian. This blog reflects my personal opinions about the books I have read and is intended to be used by students and teachers who are looking for a book recommendation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Warriors - Into The Wild By: Erin Hunter
Genre: Animal Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 4+ Since this is not typically a genre I gravitate towards, I was hesitant about reading th...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 This is the story of twins, Eloise and Leon, who live in an Innu community in the f...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 7/8 "Hopeless In Hope" is a Red Maple 2025 nominee. This is the story of Nev...
-
Genre: Realistic Fiction Age Recommendation: Grade 6+ This is the story of Mason who lives in New York City in a small apartment with his ...

No comments:
Post a Comment